Sunday, January 13, 2013

January 13 + Sunrise, Sunrise, Morning Visitors, and Spiteful Pinapple Muffins

I know I don't get the beautiful sunrises that brighten up my far-away friends' mornings, but I will take what I can get, which included this pretty-in-pink sky early today. I had to take this picture from my bedroom window, and use my camera's little zoomy button - I know it would be 'that' much more if it were spread out over the water, but one takes what one can get.
And when I went downstairs to get breakfast - I got another little surprise - or should I say two medium sized ones. No wonder Blackie (my shy neurotic cat) was very interested in the doors, but refused to go out when I slid one open. He knew what was lurking in the shadows.

However, what was lurking in the shadows soon materialized, and when I first saw them I was glad Blackie hadn't gone out. The first thing I did was rush to the front door, where Teaser had just gone out to survey the surroundings - Teaser likes to do that first thing every morning, and last thing every night. I was glad to see he was still sitting on the outdoor mat, safe and sound. So back to the kitchen, with the camera. Howard had now made an appearance.
Aha. So now I understand why they were there. Howard went to the counter where there was some older bread than the bread I had baked yesterday, and after tearing it into pieces, threw it out to them. Yes, he was feeding raccoons, even though I told him it was illegal (I think) and how he shouldn't draw raccoons to our back door when we have two cats. Deaf ears. And this was obviously not the first time.
They were so incredibly cute though.

Not long after breakfast (both raccoons and mine, although I had to get mine myself,) I walked in the cold frosty air to the bus stop - a different one from the one a few weeks ago where I believed there had been some target shooting. This new stop also had some holes in the post - however, these holes didn't go all the way through. I now have decided that these were not bullet holes at all. It feels a lot safer that way.

Seems I had just missed the bus, though, as I had to wait over ten minutes for another one, caught a sky train right away - and had another 15 minutes wait at 22nd Street Station. The morning sky was quite impressive here too, I thought. The rest of my day was spent at work, so enough said about that.

  • Breakfast - Coffee and Toast with APRICOT JAM! Same thing tomorrow, I won't mind getting up at all, even if that has to happen at 5 o'clock
  • Lunch - Pea Soup, Blueberry Muffin
  • Dinner - Ribs, Dressing, Macaroni Salad, a few Fries
  • Snacks - Hot Chocolate, and a Spiteful Pineapple Muffin
Now you're probably wondering what a Spiteful Pineapple Muffin is. After eating dinner, which Howard made, and had ready when I got home (which I did appreciate, even though I knew I'd be washing dishes and pots and pans for an hour), I admitted I didn't have any treat for his lunch. He suggested there would be muffins. I just looked at him, and said I don't have anything to put in muffins. He said to Steve, 'Well, there's tinned fruit in the cupboard, but if I say use tins, she'll probably be spiteful and use tinned beans.' 

Well, some of you know me, some of you don't. Take it from me - I may complain at times, but I never was, and never am, spiteful. Never. So that almost made me use the Libby's beans just for spite. But I didn't. 

They are actually Pineapple Coconut Muffins, made by a kinda hurt muffin maker. I really hope he doesn't choke on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment