Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Flog for January 10 + Going Nowhere Fast, and a Blast from the Past (or should I say, a Whimper?)

Just another day in Paradise - temps wavering aorund 3 degrees, now down to 0, this house is definitely not warm and cosy. Electric heaters just don't do the job. Brrr. Plus I'm coming down with something - hope it's not the flu that just made the news headlines, as I still haven't got my flu shot.

So - I didn't go out today, and I didn't do much that didn't involve a couch or a computer.

  • Breakfast - Fried Egg, Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Pea Soup, Yogurt and a square of milk chocolate
  • Dinner - Grilled Cheese Sandwich
  • Snacks - Muffin, a few Smokey Bacon Chips, actually just the crumbs in the bottom of the bag, and part of a can of pop
Just because I have nothing to write about, I went digging in the past, just to see if this day last year was more productive. As you can see below, it wasn't. Maybe this particular day every year is one  where I should just stay in bed, due to the position of the stars, or the moon, or something.

2011 - My Flog for January 10 + I've Been Doing This All Wrong

I read somewhere this morning, probably on Yahoo news, that people who write about good things that matter to them lose more weight than people who write about just any old stuff (for example - the stuff I write.) So I guess the reason I'm not losing much weight lately is because instead of writing about all the good stuff in my life, I'm concentrating more on the 'demo ruffle yarn' and 'snoring husband pokes his elbow in my back' kind of stuff. So tonight I'll try to concentrate on the happy happy happy joy stuff, and see if makes a difference on the scale tomorrow morning.

Happy stuff. Hmmm. Oh well, maybe tomorrow night.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Sausage and Egg McMuffin, Coffee
  • Dinner - 2 sausages, cheese and crackers
  • Snacks - Muffin, Hot Chocolate, Grapes

No comments:

Post a Comment