Monday, January 14, 2013

My Flog for January 14 + Not Much Else

Imagine this: a dark frosty morning, snow-covered sidewalks, frozen drizzle settling on my face as I walk to the bus stop. I'm not sure if 6:30 in the morning is a good time for a winter walk, but I really have no choice as I have to get to work. However -

I'm not cold, as I'm dressed like an extra for a Charlie Brown's winter special - yes, even my long johns are making the trip. Long johns, jeans, socks and sneakers, sweater, cardigan, jacket, woolly hat, woolly scarf, woolly mittens all work to keep Jack Frost from nipping at my toes, ears and everything inbetween. However -

I know I'm in trouble when the bus door opens and I notice the bus driver is wearing a T-shirt and shorts. Yes, he must be the only one comfortable in his warm cosy bus.

So my morning commute is shiver, sweat, shiver, sweat, ending with shiver and slippin' and slidin' over an icy sidewalk to the shop. However, I got through yet another winter day, and came that much closer to spring.

  • Breakfast - Toast with Jam, Coffee
  • Lunch - Pea Soup (that's all gone now - rest in peace, soup, you were very very good) and a Spiteful Pineapple Muffin
  • Dinner - Left overs from last night. French Fries aren't very good when they are warmed up in the microwave, but the Macaroni Salad was decent. Rice Pudding (that's the last of that too - good job we get paid tomorrow as my fridge and freezer are getting quite empty)
  • Snacks - small bag of Lays potato chips, Hot Chocolate, and a BAR. Yes, a BAR. I've been craving chocolate for ages so decided it was time to get one. Sort of a reward for braving this wild Lower Mainland winter weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment