Saturday, January 19, 2013

My Flog for January 19 + A Grey Foggy Day, A Pink Foggy Evening and Chapter 3

So it's Saturday, and I have to do everything I didn't do during my 4 Day Offs, because tomorrow it's back to work for another three. So, a load of laundry washed and dried, which included my purse because I managed to spill half a bottle of Cranberry Juice in it last week (thank Goodness it's made of denimy style cloth), and nice fresh bread, and rolls to have with dinner. Grocery shopping in the morning - when I got home I remembered some things I forgot to put on the grocery list. I obviously need a list to make a list. Flour was one of the forgotten things - so muffins may a bit scarce this week.

However - the weather today provided a few cool pics - I think - it was so foggy, a lot of Surrey disappeared the closer we got. The sky scrapers faded into cloud - but the very tops of them caught the sun that was shining high above. Think Howard would stop so I could take a picture? Not on your life.
Looking down 92 Avenue, across King George Boulevard
And because the fog stayed all day long, it spread a glorious sunset across the sky, giving us yet again something to be thankful for.
My sky.
  • Breakfast - Toast with Jam, Coffee. Wonderful gorgeous brilliant Coffee. Yes, with a capital C.
  • Lunch - Salad - Baby Spinach, Tomato, Grated Cheddar, Boiled Egg, Green Onion, with Renee's Sweet Onion Vinaigrette - finally found it at Pricesmart after months of searching. So glad Mr. Pricesmart decided to carry it - I could only find it before in small one-serving packs sold with pre-made salads at the Great Canadian Super Store, and I rarely go there.
  • Dinner - Chicken and Fries
  • Snacks - Banana, Diet Pepsi


Regarding my story - I changed Brian's name to Carl, because I have known nice Brians. I know there are nice Carls, too, especially ones whose names begin with K, but I chose this Carl because of a real loser son-of-a-bitch on Coronation Street. After a marriage to him, his wife would deserve to have a terrifically fun and exciting life as soon as he had the grace to cross over  - and all my Number One fans wouldn't think I'm a terrible person to have her let loose with her husband's ashes barely cold .....


CHAPTER 3
MY PLAN: 
UPSTAIRS: 3 bedrooms almost ready to go, furnished, two en suites with shower stalls, one with tub/shower - the bed we slept in all these years has a relatively new mattress (I'll get me a new bedroom set! Yes!)
The 2 smaller rooms upstairs: knock out wall to make one larger - maybe bedsit, shower stall bathroom, small kitchenette - microwave and bar fridge? These two rooms take the width of the house, so depending on cost of reno - we'll see. Maybe a future plan.
DOWNSTAIRS: My part will be at the rear of the house, and take up almost the whole length except for the mud/laundry room and pantry which are behind the kitchen. So remove present bathroom door, and replace it for access from living space. That sounds easy. And I get new furniture! From Ikea! Plus I get that big get-away window. I love my house.
LIVING ROOM: The living room is separated from the back rooms (My Space) by a hall, which makes a letter T leading from the front door. At one end of the top of the T is the pantry wall, and at the other the stairs. So extend living room to include hall, knock down wall in front of stairs, install balustrade, and maybe shelf up the space under stairs. There is a gorgeous rough stone fireplace on the far wall - my pride and joy. Living Room will become 'Common Area.' It's pretty large and can accommodate another sofa and a couple more easy chairs easily.
KITCHEN: I love my kitchen - it's a big and bright eat-in, with the wonderfully asymmetric wooden table my dad made back in the 70's, my stainless steel appliances are relatively new, lots of cupboards and counter space, and a pantry and laundry room to the rear. The laundry room also gives access to the backyard. Did I mention I love my house?

Now all I have to do is find a man with a tool box. 


No comments:

Post a Comment