Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Flog for January 2 + Scattering of Pictures

I had really good intentions of a Breehy trip today, but when I realized how cold it was, I changed my mind. Instead I went 'up the road' and brought two kids back. There went my afternoon nap.

Because I have no exciting pictures of wonderful things from an amazing bike ride, I will take you on a haphazard trip, sort of like a ghost of Christmas past thingie.

December 27, pre 7:00AM, on King George Boulevard:
And what was I doing there and then, you may wonder. Well, I was waiting to hop on a bus, which would take me to the sky train, which would take me to a bus, which would take me to work. And while waiting for the bus, I noticed peculiar holes in the bus stop post.

Hmmm. Wonder if they went all the way through? Yup. The ones on the other side didn't have raised edges. Aha. Bullet holes. I'm glad I wasn't waiting for a bus while they were being delivered.

December 30, 9:30AM, on our way to Steveston:
Howard insisted on driving me to work through the fog. However, because the fog was so thick and the temperature so cold, he was worried there may have been black ice, so he wanted to leave ultra early. In fact he was sitting in the car with the engine running before I got out of the shower.

Hey - where's Richmond? In fact, what happened to the other end of the Alex Fraser Bridge? The fog was thick and low-lying, so when you looked across the water, you saw white-capped mountains and skyscraper tops sitting on a blanket of cloud.

As he wouldn't skip over to the far lane, I couldn't get a good snap of all that though, so you'll just have to use your imaginations.
The fog disappeared for a while as we headed into Richmond, and the snow-capped mountains here weren't fogged in at all. Thanks to the croppy thing on my Windows, they look a lot closer than they really are.

And as the roads were dry and non-skid, I was in plenty of time for my shift. As in an hour early. No comment.

January 1, 12 noon or thereabouts, give or take a few hours:
My garden isn't having a very pretty winter. I'm afraid it's been sorely neglected by me over the past few months, but will probably get a makeover as Spring arrives. However, all are still welcome, except of course for the mean raccoons who would like to eat my cats.

January 2, 7:15AM, in front of my house, looking eastward.
This morning I was up early enough to enjoy this beautiful gift.


  •  Breakfast - Toast with jam, and coffee
  • Unavoidable Snack - I needed to take an arthritis pill, and I HAVE to take them with food and water, or they will make me sick. The only food I could find at this time was a Chocolate Chip Muffin. That didn't work at all, as I spent a miserably sick afternoon/evening from that stupid pill. However, my fingers are great - I can even make a fist of sorts.
  • Lunch - Scrambled Eggs and Toast, shared with Chris and Lizzie, who ate every scrap on their plates. They knew when they were done we would cut out and bake COOKIES!
  • Unavoidable Snack - A sugar cookie. I had to test them to make sure the cookie dough hadn't gone bad in the fridge ever since Christmas Eve. It hadn't.
  • Dinner - Left over ribs from last night (just the tiniest one, really,) a few French Fries and some Stove Top Dressing, or Stuffing, whatever you call it. Nothing was stuffed though - only me after a Banana Pudding, warmed up in the microwave because I don't like cold pudding. Only one more left now.
That's it. I don't think I've lost any weight yet, though.





No comments:

Post a Comment