Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My Flog for January 23 - My Lost Day and The Quandary I've Written Myself Into

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee - I got up at 5:10 this morning so I wouldn't have to brew a second pot of coffee, plus wave bye bye to Howard and then stay home all by my fun self and see what kind of a productive day I would have.
20 minutes after breakfast, Howard's cell phone rang. His driving-to-work buddy wasn't going in, so neither was Howard. He finished his coffee, and decided he was still tired, so went back to bed. As I had just swallowed 2 cups of coffee, I wasn't tired at all - but I also wasn't very motivated to do much with him up in bed. After all, why should I ...
  • Lunch - Egg Salad Sandwich, Bounty Bar (in lieu of a Muffin)
  • Dinner - Chicken Leg, Potato Salad and Kraft Dinner. Howard did the chicken, I made the salad, and Howard made the Kraft Dinner, figuring the kids and Nikkie would eat it. Maybe they would have if he didn't melt cheese slices on top - he just got too adventurous watching the Food Network all afternoon.
  • Snacks - Muffin, Diet Pepsi, a few (a lot) Chocolate Covered Blueberries. Antioxidants galore - dark chocolate, no less. 
I did do a bit of tapping on my story, leaving my heroine a bit more flush, so she'd be able to pay for her renos.


The past 10 years or so, it seemed the husband and I were just playing a waiting game, to see who would pop off first and leave peace and life insurance for the other. Seems like I won that particular race - a freak encounter between a construction crane and a helicopter took care of that - although if he hadn't been walking towards the neighbourhood bar, he would be probably be there right now, instead of hanging out on the kitchen table.  The insurance was ample to pay off his bar tab.  Lovely.

However - now that she's well off, why would she want to open her lovely home to strangers for a few dollars? She could take that insurance money and do the world travel/cruise thingies. 

I have written myself into a quandary, and need some time to work this out. Any suggestions are appreciated. I still have farther on scenes and dialogue and settings worked out ..... so I know it's just a matter of time before I figure this out!

Bear with me!















No comments:

Post a Comment