Monday, January 28, 2013

My Flog for January 28 - Storybrooke Grows Again


There was lots of activity in Steveston this morning, as crews from Once Upon A Time were getting the street ready for filming this week. Seems that on Wednesday there is going to be a drive-by shooting. Which would be cool if I were working that day, but I'm not.

Budget Appliances has become Bravura Appliances.
 The Royal Bank has become Storybrooke Savings and Loan. I had to go to the bank for change this afternoon, and I asked if Prince Charming was there. I was informed that he doesn't do his banking with Storybrooke Savings and Loan. Another disappointment.
 Now this one took a whole lot of imagination - Pacific Net & Twine becomes Atlantic Twine & Net.
 This is a block that is done up for every shoot, so if you watch this series, you may have noticed these buildings on screen. Starting from the right, the real stores are Pieces (gift shop), Splash (toy store), Nikaido Serenity ( kitchen-y gift shop), and last but not least, a bread bakery that just sells loaves of artisan bread. The owner has a brick fireplace growing out of his floor, and does big loaves of some kind of European rustic bread. One kind. Ten bucks a loaf. I can't believe how easy his inventory count must be.
 And finally, Nikka is a huge fishing supply store - this becomes boarded up and turns into the Library. I bet this building is part of the reason Storybrooke grew on this street. It's a perfect fit.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - an A&W breakfast, complete with scrambled eggs, bacon, toast w/marmalade and coffee. Because I had a doctor's appointment in Richmond early this morning, I had a very early breakfast. When 10 o'clock rolled around, after my dr visit, my tummy was rumbling, so I popped into the Richmond Centre and went up the new escalator to the 'Dining Terrace' which is the fancy name for the food court. Since I had this big treat, I wasn't hungry at all when my real lunchtime rolled around, so I just quenched my thirst with a Ginger Ale. However, I was starving before I ate again - at 8 pm tonight
  • Dinner - Chicken Burger, Fried Rice. Howard cooked the Chicken Burger. I don't even know what they are made of. The rice was left over from last night's dinner, and it was still good. Now I'm wondering what was in the Chicken Burger. Rats. I may have to raid my Ginger Gravol supply before I go to bed.
  • Snacks - Can of Pop, and probably a muffin. I have to go make some Pineapple Coconut Muffins - yes, they are back by popular demand, aka the Spiteful Coconut Muffins. However, Bones is on and I really want to find out who killed the dead Death Doula.
And by the way, I'm fine. Guess I'm still having growing pains. Who knows? Certainly neither me nor my doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment