Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Flog for January 30 - What The Heck Was I Doing In Steveston On My Day Off????

Yes, it was my first day off. I got up just after 5 AM, I poked about a bit in the house, then Nikkie and I headed to King George Sky Train Station for a trip. A trip I make (under duress) three times a week - and here I was doing it again. On a Day Off.

And Why? you may wonder. Well, they were going to be filming Once Upon a Time in Steveston, and they bought out all the shops on our section of the street, because they were going to be doing a car chase scene most of the day. And no matter how cold it was, or how damp, we were going to be there, as up close and personal as we could get.
Unfortunately, we couldn't get that close. No matter what alley we snuck down, there was a yellow-vested person there with a walkie talkie on her/his hip, shooing us back. Rats. However, we did our best.
The real actors were replaced by stunt people while the cars were zipping and squealing their way up the street, but we knew if we hung around long enough there was a chance we would see a Star. (And we did - check back tomorrow for Part 2)

Great sound effects on this one:
And this one? Well, you can tell how much of a potty mouth I really have. Shame on me.

So we froze, we shivered, and one of us got her feet wet standing in the grass to get a better shot. We had just got in the perfect place to shoot the last take, but the director changed the direction of the car, so we had to move back. However, this is when we figured out how to use the video zoom on the camera, so that was okay.

Until another walkie talkie guy came over and asked us not to take pictures while the action was being ... actioned? Whatever.

So we put the two cameras and the two cell phones away.

We have tons of pictures, and probably more video, but this is all you're getting tonight, as I'm super-pooped and it took about 4 hours to load the few seconds of clips above. I'll post the  rest tomorrow morning, so now you've got a reason to get out of bed.

  • Breakfast -  Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - McDonalds's Chicken Nuggets, Fries and the top two inches of Sprite in my cup (and no, these nuggets are fine, and please be kind and don't mention anything I don't want to hear, as subconsciously I know it all anyway.)
  • Dinner - Ribs, Fries, Dressing and Marconi Salad. Not only did Howard and Steve babysit, they also made dinner. So after dinner, I did dishes and made muffins. Cranberry, Blueberry, Raspberry, Coconut Muffins. Or I could call them Mixed Berry Muffins
  • Snacks - 2 chocolate chip cookies, ginger ale, a few toffee candies, hot chocolate, a slice of banana bread - oh my goodness. The latter was a snack from the next-door-to-the-store coffee shop, and we had to go in because we were freezing, and we couldn't go in without buying something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment