Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My Flog for January 8 - Less Rain and More Treats Please


This was a rainy day - a long pouring of wintry cold raindrops, splishing and splashing like mad. (In fact, it was Raining Cats and Dogs - when I closed the shop at 5:45, I had to be careful not to step in any poodles on the way to the bus stop.)

In fact, check this out to see how the day was - except I don't think anyone was singing or dancing down the street.

I did however sell two Laurel Burch umbrellas.

And even though some people made it difficult, I did manage to sell some yarn. The first customers this morning were two English-challenged women who brought yarn to the counter. One had one ball, so I rang in her purchase - told her the total - and the other said, 'No no, all together, all together,' and shoved her two balls of yarn beside the first one. So I entered two more balls, told the total, and she said, 'No, no, mine,' and pulled them back. So I deducted the last two, took the money, and finalized the sale.

On to Woman #2. I pulled her two balls of yarn over, and rang them in. Told her the total. She pulled them back, and said, 'No , no, only one. Only one.' 

I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. (Nope, not working ..... )
  • Breakfast  - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Pea Soup, Yogurt and Muffin - if it hadn't been raining so hard I would have tempted to go to a sweet spot to get something chocolately or frosted or full of apple pie filling - but I didn't. I stayed in the back of the shop and made do with what I brought. 
  • Dinner - Beans, Bread and oven wedgie fries
  • Snacks - Muffin, Hot Chocolate, Orange Pop, Banana
I have to apologize for having such a boring day - but there are a few more coming up. 4 day offs with more rain, which means staying in - all by myself for the first 3 as Howard will be working - how sweet is that?

(Almost sweeter than chocolate!)

No comments:

Post a Comment