Monday, January 21, 2013

The Joy of Writing - Thoughts and Fixes for the Story

Okay. I have to do a bit of a rewrite on Chapter One. How could I possibly think my heroine could do that much of a reno on her house with just an itty bitty of savings? And who, in their right mind, would leave the bill paying, especially the insurance premiums, to a husband who drank like a fish? After all, Carl worked, and his job offered him a nice policy - doubled if he died in an accident. So I think maybe Carl might have been operating a crane that toppled over - or got swooshed by a helicopter - or maybe he fell into a vat of soap - or the propane tank on his fork lift exploded - or maybe he just slipped and fell of a scaffold - the only thing I know for sure right now is it happened early in the morning, before he had his lunchtime beer.

So - she does get a nice big chunk of change. That should buy .... or at least rent .... a nice handy man. One would think.

1 comment: