Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Another Test I Forgot To Study For, and We Really Heart Our Kitchen!

It was yet another rainy morning, and I had to go out in it, as I had an appointment to have my picture taken. Now, this wasn't any ordinary picture, so I won't be posting it here - this was an inside job, also known as a CT Scan, so I don't even know if I was smiling on the inside or not. I'm sure I will be told I have more healthy organs in a couple of weeks, and will continue to be a mystery wrapped up in an enigma. 
At least this one wasn't as horrible as the last test, where I had to spend the day before gulping and retching the most awful concoctions, then had to spend some time with my butt offered up to the wind. Well, yes, it was in a hospital room, but you know what I mean. Thank heavens I was asleep for the most of it, and if they had been a bit more generous with the pain and sleep meds I probably wouldn't have woken up several times whimpering. However, all done and in the past, and I'll have another one in ten years if they can catch me.
After the CT Scan, we headed to Guildford Mall, as there's not many outdoor places we wanted to visit in the rain. We didn't buy anything, except lunch at the food court, which wasn't my choice. My choices always cost a bit more than the food court, because I am a diva who would choose a nice bowl of White Spot soup over a Chicken Buddy Burger from A&W. After that mall, we drove to Surrey Centre Mall and strolled around there, then went home, finally. For a nap. 
When I woke up, the sun was shining, which was a really nice surprise. I'm hoping it will shine again soon, so I can go around and get some nice blue-sky pictures with signs of my long-awaited spring.
To round up the day, after supper Howard suggested we go to the Super Store as our cupboards were a bit like Mother Hubbard's. I don't mind shopping, as we usually end up at the kitchen stuff - we both love kitchen stuff. I told him we were becoming kitchenholics, which is better than alcoholics and yarnoholics, and on his part, Home Depot-holics. I got a nice stiff spatula, as the one I already had was too soft to completely scrape out my cake batter, and a really nice masher, so now I'm ready to tackle Duncan Hines, turnip and pease puddings. He got a glass 'bread' pan, so now I bet he's going to make a meat loaf in the near future.













3 comments: