Thursday, March 23, 2017

From Home Depot to My Dog's Butt ... if anyone finds my life, please return it ....


Today I asked Howard to go to Home Depot. Weird, I know. I have spent more time in Home Depot in the last three months than I have in any store, even Walmart on Pension Day. Usually I'm the one pacing up and down the front aisle where they keep the home improvement magazines, sale items  and candy bars while he spends hours walking up and down the power tool aisle or the 2' x 4' aisles ... any aisle that has absolutely no power over me ...   however, when he finally has the packet of screws he came in for in his hand, he asks me if I'M ready. Right.
But today, in keeping with our home improvements, I wanted to get a piece of white stuff so he could build me a cool desk in our TV room nook. Because I think it would be easier for me to come up with ideas for this blog if I were sitting at a nice compact desk instead of a little patio table that might just be a tad too high, causing reddened welts on the downside of my arms.
I did do something new today, though. Two somethings new, actually.
I made mushroom soup, although I haven't tasted it yet. It looks like mushroom soup, I only hope it tastes like the best mushroom soup I ever had, and not the worst. The worst was in Scotland when we there 20 years ago celebrating my mom's 74th birthday, and I had to let about 18 years pass by before I got the nerve to try that particular kind of soup again, at a quaint little cafe in Sydney a few years ago. That's when I realized that the mushroom soup I had in Scotland was basically just the dishwater they washed the pot in.
The second new thing I did- after supper, thank goodness -  involved cleaning Teddy's butt. The little bugger sneaks upstairs and steals the cat food, causing him to have .... let's just call it, loose bowel movements. Let's just say today was particularly bad, and Howard warned me not to let him in our bedroom tonight, so I had no choice. I do need that nice warm body curled up at my cold feet at night, especially since Howard doesn't really enjoy my planting them on his shins. So it was in the shower for my little white dog, and as usual the hand-held spray ended up soaking me as well as him. But now he has a squeaky clean bum, and all is good.
Except, of course, for the dandelion shortage.

No comments:

Post a Comment