Tuesday, March 28, 2017

If Anyone Says, Well At Least You Don't Have To Shovel It, One More Time .....

It's been raining all day, coming down in buckets. The weatherman said we've had the rainiest March in 10 years, and I do believe him. However, I am beginning to see signs of Spring in my backyard, and even though I haven't set my eyes on the elusive dandelion, there does seem to be hope for a colourful April.
Howard suggested we go to a Mall, so we ran through the raindrops to the car. I had the bright idea of parking in the parkade, so we wouldn't have to run through even more raindrops. I was careful to remember where he parked the car, though, as I know how frustrating it can be when you lose the car in a parking lot.
Seems like many many people also had the urge to shop, so we had to head up to the third level before we found a spot!
We shared a sandwich and fries (well, I had the sandwich, he had the fries) for lunch, did a little bit of shopping, and headed back to the car. On the third level.
Hah. I don't know if we were the only couple walking from third to fourth back to second level before we found it. I'm sure somebody moved it just to prove me wrong, because I'm sure it was on the third level when we left it. I guess by now Howard should know better than taking my direction.
I was in a pretty good mood though, at least until I tried to order a Swiss Chalet delivery for supper. Two attempts - talking to someone whose accent made it difficult for me to know what the hell she was saying, along with what she called 'trouble on this line.' I got so frustrated I finally hung up and cooked supper. Well, to tell the truth, I cooked the chicken drummies I had already defrosted and warmed up the leftover veg from last night, Howard cut the fries and Steve cooked them. So it was a team effort, and although it caused a few more dishes than a home delivery, it was fine. Especially since I didn't do the dishes. Yet.
Tomorrow is going to prove to be yet another exciting and fun day, so I'd better go get my beauty rest. After all, one should look one's best when it's yet another picture day!


2 comments:

  1. honestly it is so hot where I live and we are just praying for rain to happen. Always remember to cherish things that you are blessed with as many might not have but you are complaining about

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't really complaining. If you've read a few of my posts you would realize I try to find a bit of humour in whatever mundane things happen in my life. Right now we haven't had rain in white a while either, and forest fires are ravaging much of our beautiful province.
      As I used to tell my customers when they'd come in the store on a stormy day saying 'terrible day' - my answer would be 'beautiful day, terrible weather'

      Delete