Sunday, March 19, 2017

I'm Baaaaaack .... sort of, maybe. We'll see.

After many months (years?) of not blogging, nor writing, nor doing much except crossword puzzles and watching the news channel, I'm going to jump feet first into my pool of words and see what bounces up.
My life has changed. One doesn't expect, or even want, that to happen when one is old, and getting older every day, but I suppose it happens, regardless. It started when hubby got sick, and spent a whole summer and part of the autumn in and out of hospital, and I spent that same time wondering if he was ever going to get better. That changes one.
Even if I had been blogging every day, I would have stopped then. My life consisted of him - either worrying about some grim news from the doctor, or hearing his comments regarding the yellow Jello or the nutritionist who kept hounding him to eat.
That changes one.
However, he fought through the septicemia, the infections, the surgery, the pancreas attack that had his life hanging in the balance, and finally, on a cool November day, he came home for the final time. Then it was building his strength and stamina back, and it wasn't until the following July we realized he was almost as good as new. New for a 64 year old, anyway.
That changes one.
And now, over a year later?
I'm not sure if I'm going to find stuff to write about.
He's been sober for going on 2 years, and though being a drinker isn't anything to laugh about, I'm not sure if he's my perfect muse any more. I'd rather have him sober, though. After more than 40 years of marriage, he now laughs at my jokes.
The store where I worked turned into a pile of rubble when the developer brought in the rubble makers, so I won't have any stories about needy customers or crappy lunches or horrible commutes.
Poor old Breehy is locked up underneath the porch, and I'm not sure if she'll ever see the light of day again. I promise her I will try. But as I foretold when Howard got out of hospital - you had your turn being sick, now it's mine.
I don't even know for sure if I am sick, I've had all sorts of horrible tests and nothing shows up, but I have this persistent and growing worse pain in my lower right side. It's been my constant companion ever since it started as a tiny ache last August. Now it's spread, and I don't like it. I've had a Pelvic Ultrasound, which is truly horrid, and I've had a CT Scan, which is not so bad, however since nothing showed up on these, the kind doctor sent me for a Col .... nope, that's not getting caps ... colonoscopy. That was two days of pure misery, let me tell you. I just did. Two days. But everything looked fine. And very very clean.
So, next is a gynecologist. I try to be hopeful that someone, sometime, somewhere, will tell me what's wrong so I can get the pills and get better.

If you've managed to get through this, I promise I will try to do better in future posts. I miss 'seeing' you smile! I've always prided myself in finding something to write about even when there's nothing to write about .... we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment