Monday, March 20, 2017

They Call This Spring .... ?

For those of you who don't know it, this was the first day of Spring. You just got to love these warmer, tee shirt kind of days, when you can romp through a field of dandelions under a sunny blue sky, avoiding the presents flying down from the robins and eagles and hummingbirds, and basically just soaking up that Vitamin D and pollen.
Well. That didn't happen this year. I know my poor East Coast people were once again given the gift of Spring Snow. I don't know if March snow is good for anything - at least if it came in May it would be good for freckles. So they say. Whether its good for increasing or decreasing freckles, I have no idea. But I think if you get snow on the first day of Spring, it should be good for something.
Don't be too jealous of us here on the West Coast, though. It may have looked like spring at a quick glance through a dusty window, but one step outside at 7 in the morning wearing a nightshirt so the dog can go poop can certainly take your breath away. As can the sight of me bending over picking up dog refuse, if you happen to be a neighbour up that ungodly time looking out the window.
There's not even one measly little dandelion following the sun in my yard, although the rhubarb, I must say, has finally popped out a little green, and my honeysuckle is sprouting leaves like its going out of style. So I'm not giving up hope.
It's just that .... all this is supposed to be happening in February. I was supposed to be posting pictures of daffodils and cherry blossoms in February, damn it. (Sorry.)
I'm not complaining. (Yes, I am.) Some day I will wake up and my winter allergies will have given away to my spring allergies, and all will be well. Well, except for my runny nose and sneezing, all will be well.


No comments:

Post a Comment