Thursday, November 29, 2012

NOVEMBER 26 - What's Up With The Bugs and No, I'm Not A Beon

On Tuesday, the bus driver 'forgot' to take a side-trip off Westminster Highway, worrying one young gal who needed to get off at Fraserwood Way. He pretended ignorance as to his route - but I find that hard to believe, especially as he said he did the same thing the morning before. However, it did cut about 10 minutes of my transit time, and for that I was very grateful. And to make the trip even better, as we rolled along, I saw My Eagle swooping over the field near the road, and a few minutes later saw him land on his tree as we rolled by. Well, maybe there were two different eagles, I couldn't really say, but two sightings in a few minutes - whether it was one single bird or two separate ones - raised my spirits slightly.

Since I arrived at work really early, and it was really cold in there, I jacked up the heat and decided to take a stroll to see what was new in the village. There was a film crew around for a couple of days, and this day there were setting up scenes to for later in the morning. This crew, however, was not doing Once Upon A Time, but a new series set to debut in February, I believe. It is called Bates Motel, it is the prequel to the Alfred Hitchcock classic, Psycho, and it will probably end up blaming his mother for everything.  A&E has okayed 10 episodes, most of which are filmed in Fort Langley, but obviously a bit of Steveston will appear every now and then.

And we will see Mr Gold's shop turned into a diner for the early riser - or at least his shop windows.
Farther down the road and up an avenue, I found this store front - and I don't remember seeing it in Once.
And then on the side of the same building this sign appears, which sort of links it to Bates Motel, as Once takes place in Maine and Bates takes place in Oregon. If Norman Bates is in 1991 Oregon, I think I'll play at home, thank you.
And you might think, how does she know the show takes place in Oregon? Because she saw the Steveston-filming-mandatory-vehicle parked on the street - no, not the yellow bug owned by Emma Swan on Once -
- but the orange one with Oregon licence plates (and a temporary BC licence on it's back window.)
So, after another little bit of wandering, I happened to slide into McDonalds to buy a coffee to wrap my freezing hands around, and of course an Egg McMuffin (well, to be honest, a Sausage and Egg McMuffin) to warm my cold tummy. Then it was off to work - past the candy store, where the first Gingerbread House of the season was displayed.
So at work - we had a lot of kids' crappy stuff to unpack, price and put away, one of which is this marble mazey thing - remember them?
But just in case you don't remember, there are instructions written on the box ...
... and if you think you are a famous detective (rather than a middled one) then the one below may prove to be a bit more difficult to figure out.
Now I'm going to see if I can bring that little beon to the DNE position, while downloading Psycho so I get some background information on that good old home boy, Norman.









No comments:

Post a Comment