Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My Flog for April 21 to 23 - Just A Few Words (at least I still have some of them left)

Even though our landlord keeps phoning to sweeten the pot - today it was dropping the rent down to $800 a month - we are moving at the end of the month. I've been sort of kind of busy, a bit of packing, and bit of cleaning, a bit of roving around and celebrating Vaisakhi ... 

However, on Sunday, when I got home from a hard day at the mines, I went to place my purse on the kitchen table .... only to find this. No table. No where to sit in the morning and enjoy my toast with home-made blackberry jam (thanks to my raiding Steve's freezer) and coffee. However, I got through the evening, the next morning, and headed to work to face that awful Monday.
Monday was so tiring, even though I didn't start work until almost noon, and did almost nothing all day. Sitting on bus and skytrain for 90 minutes just drained me of all energy. All I could think of was crawling upstairs and flaking out in our nice queen size bed for a long snooze.
Could things get worse? I wonder. Today, after a long work-ful day (for a change) and a long transit, where I felt all my get -up-and-go slowly leak from every pore, and was just looking forward to propping my eyelids open while I relaxed on the couch watching Coronation Street, I opened the front door to this -
Oh well. When I checked the fridge I found that all is not lost - he hasn't packed this up and moved it up the road to Steve and Nikkie's.
Hello, Breezers. This is as good a time as any to start drinking again. Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment