Monday, August 4, 2014

Vancouver Airport White Spot - I'm not very impressed - would you be?

I wrote a post about Steve and me and our adventures while waiting for Howard's flight from Newfoundland, but I never wrote about our adventures when we sent him off.

Once again, I got picked up after work, this time with Chris, Lizzie and Howard aboard. That meant someone had to squeeze her big behind into the middle seat of the car - Chris and Lizzie's booster seats are much wider than their little butts. We met Nikkie at the airport - she had just sky-trained over after her afternoon at The Price Is Right at River Rock.

Steve wanted to treat us all to a farewell dinner, and although Howard chose A&W, Steve decided on White Spot. We should have gone with A&W.

There were 6 of us eating. The restaurant wasn't terribly busy, and we had the nicest server. However, he was a bit ... let's say a bit heedless.

He brought 5 meals. Howard's wasn't even entered into the computer, and he was the one who had a flight to catch. Even though the server 'put a rush order' in for his burger and fries, it came when everyone else was almost finished their meals.

Steve's meal was wrong, too. He ordered fries and coleslaw with his ribs and chicken, and there were potatoes and veggies on his plate. Instead of bringing the entree back, the server said he'd bring a side order of fries and slaw. After waiting for quite a while, Steve ate his meat ... his side orders arrived in time for dessert.

Nikkie's plate came with a big mound of cole slaw, after she particularly asked for none. She's fussy enough as it is, but being pregnant, the sight of it touching her chicken and fries almost made her sick, so her plate went back to the kitchen for a clean-up job.

My dinner was good, except the chicken wasn't allowed to rest before it was plated, leaving the mashed potatoes, veggies and the chicken itself sitting in a pool of brownish liquid.

The kids had Pirate Packs, but as the bill was brought before their dessert, we just didn't have time for them to have dessert, so they did without.

Now, I've often eaten in a restaurant where the order was mixed up, or late, or something was wrong, but there's always been more than several 'I'm sorrys.' Steve paid almost $90 for this meal, and there was not even a 5% discount offered.

I was so upset by this I emailed White Spot, and obviously my email was directed to the airport White Spot. A woman called me a few days later when I was working, but I don't use my cell phone while working. (That is why I sent an email, as that would be the best way of communicating with me.) She left a message saying she'd call again - that was 3 weeks ago. I don't think she'll call again, do you?

However, this post is mainly a vent. Howard and I went to KFC a few months ago, and because we had to wait almost 15 minutes for our meal, we got apologies from two staff members, and two free desserts. Now, they know how important it is to keep their customers happy. I would definitely go back - it's the location at Scott Road and Nordel, by the way.

As far as the airport? Next time it will be the A&W - and I would highly recommend the same to all my readers!

1 comment:

  1. do you know if your waiter was of Scandinavian descent Tamar ?? I apologize in advance for any talk of heedless Norsemen and such.

    ReplyDelete