Friday, January 1, 2021

2021 - Stick 2020 in the Can't Be Worse File and Keep On Keeping On



I don't know how many words are left in this old brain, but I'll try and see how far I get.

First of all, Happy New Year, and in case you missed it, Merry Christmas. It's been very unholiday-like here, except for Christmas morning when the floor was covered with gift wrap and boxes, which turned out to be the toddler's favourite toys. We haven't all sat around a table for a meal yet, which means the Christmas crackers I bought are still in the box. It's Will's birthday tomorrow, maybe we'll pop them then. 

Rain. We've had so much rain over the past few weeks, my jacket has spent more time in the dryer than on the hook by the door. I left for a walk today as it had stopped raining - and got soaking wet before I got home. 

Although it's hard to see, my jeans were dripping on the floor and my poor old beret was water-logged.

 It's a good job I have spare sneakers or I would have been stuck in the house all day.

Well, I didn't go anywhere. 

Just stayed home and ate. Do you think homemade potato salad that's been in the fridge for 5 days is still okay to eat?

The weight thing started this blog (flog) years ago, and wouldn't you know it, here we are again. Everything old is new again and all that shit.

 I walked away half the summer and fall, until the almost 6 year old started kindergarten and needed a bit of help getting ready in the mornings and a companion to play I Spy on the way to school. Since I was used to leaving the house at pre-dawn times and returning around 9, that kind of put an end to that. And early dusk brought an end to walking at the end of the day, which was particularly obvious when I'd be miles away from home admiring a sunset before realizing I'd have to walk home in the dark.

However - I did walk off 25 pounds. Then came December. The weather girl said it was the 14th rainiest month on record, and I believe her, for once. Rainy days produce baked goods. And chocolates. Well, you know. All that stuff. So now it's 6 pounds up later (and probably still counting.)

So, since typing uses up calories, I'll maybe try to blog a bit every night, like I used to ages ago. And wait for the sun to shine some day ...


 



No comments:

Post a Comment