Sunday, January 3, 2021

So I Skipped A Day - So What?


 Yesterday it was Will's birthday, easy to remember as I had it written on the calendar I hung on New Year's Day, not to mention the fact that he had his own little countdown calendar on the door - two days on it to  count down. It's a big thing turning six.

It was also pouring rain. I swear we'll grow webs between our toes if this keeps up - there wasn't even any break in the weather long enough for me to leave with the assumption I would get 2 or 3 miles in before the clouds broke again. If this was all snow we'd be up to our eyeballs by now, and I'd probably find something else to complain about.

At least this morning the sun decided to poke her nose through the clouds after the rain and I took off once again, plodding 4.5 miles and remaining dry. It looks really early here, but it was actually almost 11 am - this was my last day of sleep-in as tomorrow is school again. The teenagers here are ecstatic about that. Not.

And what do we have here? One of a flock of Robin Red Breasts looking for worms. And see? After all summer our grass is finally green again.

And to prove it's still the Christmas season - a holly tree in all it's beauty.

 I'm going to have to walk a lot more than that though - just a glance at the nearby shelf reminds me of 6 boxes of chocolates, 2 Terry's chocolate oranges, a bag of Hershey's kisses, and of course there's half a chocolate birthday cake and a blueberry pie in the kitchen. Which leaves me wondering if I should just limit myself to say, about 100 calories of whatever every day, or just take one day and eat it all just to get rid of it. I hate having to make decisions.

So far I haven't broken any New Year's Resolutions, but that's only because I never made any. I do want to up my walking again though, as 10 miles uses many more calories than 3 miles - and I do like chocolates.



No comments:

Post a Comment