Tuesday, December 18, 2012

WINTER? You've Gotta Be Kidding ...


Our world is white, a wonderland                        
Of laden trees and covered grass
Whoever thinks that this is fun
Can stick my shovel up their....

Can’t seem to find a rhyming word
It seems I’ve tried the whole darn spectrum
So if you still think this is fun
Your shovel can go up your ...

Oh dear the rhymes are hard today
The world is white, my mood is black
So if you laugh in far off lands
Your shovel can go up your ...

I’ve never felt such deep despair
My poems always come with ease
But here I sit in shorts and tee
Do something with your shovel – please.

........................................................
Car horns blow                                                                        
Hey, you’re skidding                                                  
Going fifty?
Must be kidding
The cars swerve and sway
The Vancouver way
Driving in the winter wonderland.

People slip
In the city
Aren’t my boots
Very pretty
They’re smooth as can be
No snow boots for me
Slipping in the winter wonderland

In the backyard we can build a snowman
And pretend that he’s a Starbucks guy
When you cannot get your frappucino
All you want to do is sit and cry

Furry scarves
Silver sandals
Light the fireplace
And the candles
We’ll freeze and complain
And long for the rain
Shivering in our winter wonderland

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weather again – snow, snow and more snow it seems

Well, this is highly ridiculous
In fact it’s making me sickulous
To wake up again
With snow and not rain
The weatherman is but a prickulous.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Tis winter, out the window see                                                                          
There’s snow on every single tree
The roofs are white, the car is too
And still it falls, it falls.

I have to go to work quite soon
I wish it were a day in June
With grass of green and skies of blue
And still it falls, it falls.

So now I have to find my boots
So nice and warm will be my foots
My hat and scarf and mittens too
Because it falls, it falls.


The reason I’m so out of sorts
They'll look so funny with my shorts
But I don’t want to catch the flu
Because it falls, it falls.

...........................................................................



On this cold day in December
I walked under one big tree
And it dumped many snowflakes
Onto me

On this cold day in December
I bussed my way up town
And I saw two old people
Falling down

On this cold day in December
I walked so carefully
And a bus sloshed a slush puddle
Over me

On this cold day in December
On a crosswalk I stepped out
And two cars screeched their brakes
And spun about

On this cold day in December
I went into the mall
And didn’t need my winter duds
At all

On this cold day in December
As I was heading home
I got this great idea
For a poem

On this cold day in December
I sit here in the warm
And wait for yet another
Winter storm

Now this day is almost over
I’m going to stay in
And get friendly with my little flask
Of gin.

1 comment:

  1. Great poems! You're truly remarkable, Tamar! Love them!

    ReplyDelete