Saturday, September 28, 2013

Happy Birthday to Bradley - Just In Case He Doesn't Remember How He Got Here .....

Just a little post tonight, to honour my first born, a bouncing 8lb 4oz boy we named Bradley Guy. Now he's 37 years old .... and doesn't time fly?


 So we look back to the time when I could make babies, poems, and little drawin's with ease. The one below tells about how ...

... tired mom and I were of waiting for this young rascal to arrive. The due date was almost two weeks before, I was getting bigger and bigger, and Nanny really wanted to hold this little one. When she suggested the treatment the midwives in Scotland used, both Dad and Howard were dead set against it - but neither of them were in the waddling mode, so we waited until they were tucked away in the Man Shed and went for it.
 Let me tell you - of all the disgusting foods Richmond's Food Blogger Lindsay ate last year, none equaled the Castor Oil/Orange Juice Cocktail. This had to be swallowed near a toilet, because one wasn't sure if it would stay down or not. It did.

And everything went on as normal, until I got a bit of cramping, which rushed me back to the toilet pretty quickly. Imagine the worst case of diarrhea cramps in the world, and being unable to bend over as you moaned and groaned, because of an ultra big tummy sitting on your lap. Finally, drained completely ... and the cramps getting worse ... and the rain coming down in buckets ... it was time to head to the hospital in Gander.

Where the one of the nurses absolutely wasted an enema on me. 

However, it was all worth it. Thanks to Bradley, I became a Mommy for the first time! And because he was such a lovely baby, I decided to try it two times more.
Hope you had the best birthday ever, son. Your mommy still loves you tons.

No comments:

Post a Comment