Thursday, May 26, 2011

10 REASONS TO LOSE WEIGHT

Well, I'm definitely not ready to start dieting today. I just had my toast and coffee for breakfast, and I don't know if we're going to Vancouver for a walk-around or not, since my dear husband doesn't seem to be talking to me today. We'll see. It may turn out to be a laundry and tidy and sit-and-knit day, and I guess I can live with that.
So, let's see...what diet-related words can I include in this post...okay, I got it, here we go...

10 REASONS TO LOSE WEIGHT (take that, David Letterman, you're not the only person who can come up with lists)

  1.  One doesn't have to have one's tummy sitting on one's lap when one sits down.
  2. The clothes in my meager wardrobe are either too big or too small, so I either have to eat waaaay more chocolate, or eat less of just about everything.
  3. I hate looking at pictures of me, although I know if I do manage to lose weight, all my friends (both of them), will start telling me I look sick, but at least the back on pics may be easier on the eye.
  4. I would definitely reverse my Real Age, which presently is about 8 years older than my True Age, which sort of really sucks, especially since I feel the former and not the latter. Oprah had a Real Age of about 15 years younger than her Real Age, but that was a few years ago.  Check yours at  https://login.realage.com/login/                                  
  5. There is a chance I would sleep better. Howard swears I snore but whenever he snorts in his sleep loud enough to wake himself up, I am already awake and he blames my snoring for waking him. Go figure.
  6. It could make my sore miserable knee last longer, as it wouldn't have to bear as much weight when I took it walking. That's about all I could do now anyway - it wouldn't run, or skate, or skip, or probably even climb the Grouse Grind, although I can occasionally manage a rough game of make-up-your-own rules softball with the grandkids
  7. I could possibly lower my blood pressure without the help of pharmaceuticals - and thus help our health insurance plan save money.
  8. I could spend my muffin and cupcake money on yarn.
  9. I wouldn't have to through security turnarounds at Canadian Tire and SkyTrain stations sideways.
  10. I would feel better in just about every way - so I hear.
So that's it for now. Today I will try not to eat cookies, and that should be easy as we don't have any in the house. I'll eat strawberries - we have strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment