Sunday, May 29, 2011

INSTEAD OF BAKING GOODIES....

What good is an oven if you want to cut out eating juicy rhubarb/apple pies, or scrumpdelicious berry crisps, or warm cottage puddings with warmer brown sugar sauces?

(For some reason I don't feel like starting my diet this week either....)

Well. one can use an oven for many different things, one being Lumpies, of which I made hundreds (?) back in the 80's. My Lumpies had the strange ability to be friends' mini-me's, and it was tons of fun. I still have this book - if you get so inclined to follow my generous footsteps, I'll send you the instructions...
Meanwhile, my brother and sister'n'law in Guelph have a collection of them, if you want to visit and check them out for yourself, let me know and I'll send you their address.

Another non-calorie use for the oven is..have you guessed it already? I bet you have...


...it's the record bowl!

 Instructions here:  http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Bowls-out-of-Vinyl-Records

So, you can put your chips'n'cheesies in the bowl while you spin your Beatles LP's and drive your IPod kids crazy with the beautiful sounds of scrunching chips and scratchy pop records. Couldn't ask for a better way to spend one's Saturday afternoon. Also...because there is a lovely little hole in the middle of the bottom, it would be a terrific planter for your back deck.
Oh, forget the chips and cheesies, though. Why does everything have to swing back to food?
I'm a bit hungry right now, come to think of it...I guess I should eat the last buttertart muffin from Walmart so it doesn't tempt me tomorrow morning - just in case I do start my diet then after all! I'll just pop on Cat Steven's Morning Has Broken first...

No comments:

Post a Comment