Wednesday, October 10, 2012

OCTOBER 10 - Birthdays, Berries, and Back Again (Slightly)

Almost 40 years ago, this young feller came a'courting - here he sits in Aunt Evelyn's kitchen waiting for me to clart my face up with blue eyeshadow and lipstick in preparation for a night driving around in my yellow Vega. 
I never dreamed I would end up married to Santa Claus - hope he enjoyed his 61st birthday! 
And he's not the only important fellow in my life to celebrate his birthday today - Cliff doesn't want to be reminded how old he is, so we'll just show this picture of him and his two little girls. I know he had a wonderful birthday - he's had lots of years to practise getting them right (66, if I'm not mistaken.) 
Tonight's blog is a bit of a mish-mash. As you know, I've been off the radar for about a month, wallowing in the self-pity that hypothyroidism brings. I am beginning to feel better, slowly but surely - right now it seems I have a good day, then a bad day. Today was a good day. I'm really hoping tomorrow will be too, but we'll just have to wait and see. I know eventually there will be all good days, and Breehy and I will both be happy. Meanwhile - here are some highlights from the past few weeks.

Steve was very happy indeed (as was I) when I got tart shells and a tin of cream to go along with the Bakeapples Elaine brought me in September. He had homemade bread with jam and cream for dinner, and tarts for dessert. 
 On Sunday, I took a little walk down Moncton Street on my lunch break, and found some summer colours, even though fall is setting in.
 And this may be a new set for Once Upon A Time.
This morning we walked up to Surrey Central. We had RDF without the rain and drizle part - just the fog. As you can see, the high parts of the skyscrapers disappeared in the clouds. It must have been weird to be in the penthouse trying to look out.
The fog didn't stop the sky trains though - so glad I wasn't on this one!
And to finish - maybe this is the reason I usually have no problem writing my words. A lot of them tend to go unused.


I was looking out the kitchen window this morning, watching a squirrel check under the bird feeder for dropped seeds. So I thought I'd bring him some peanuts - however, when I went out he took off lickety-split, knocking a bucket over on his way. (In case you're wondering why there's a bucket under the bird feeder, it's what Howard stands on so he reach the feeder to put more seed in. It's a strong bucket - a pail, really.)

However, that's besides the point. When I went back inside, I said to Howard, 'Wow, that squirrel got such a fright when I went out, he knocked that bucket over when he took off.'

And a few minutes after that, Howard went over to the window and looked out. 'Hmm,' he said. 'I wonder how come the bucket's knocked over.'

I don't know why I bother talking. I really don't.



No comments:

Post a Comment