Tuesday, July 22, 2014

From Hell's Gate to a Bit of Newfoundland Heaven - Thank You, Canada, for Being Wonderful From Coast to Coast!




Another hard 'week' of toil, and there are 4 nice long days ahead before I start another. Last week I ended up taking off with Neil on Thursday and Friday, then heading off for more fun and games on Saturday (we'll talk about that tomorrow), so there wasn't much time for mundane stuff like housework or bike rides. That hopefully will get covered this week.

Last night when I posted here, I promised you a visit to Hell's Gate. Since I haven't been there yet, only to the roadside building where the fun begins, I have to rely on the internet to share information. A lot of the information here is from  http://www.venturevancouver.com/ .

 Anyway, it was still daylight when Neil and I drove by, so he pulled his rig into the parking lot so I could check out the area. Also so he could have a smoke break. I'm not sure which was top on his list, but I do enjoy checking out areas.

The door here is bracketed by two signs, which are really informative.
 
 -and-
 
 Seems like you go in through here -
- out through here -
  - and go way, way, down into the canyon -
- in this. Wow. Now we'll just read Venture Vancouver's words. They know a lot more about this place than I do.
 
 This is an amazing pic - a sign showing where Howard's family house used to stand. Of the 13  childrens' names here, 12 were born in Little Harbour - the thirteenth baby, Bernice, was born after they were resettled to Trinity.
And here's the star of the summer - the beautiful Leah Caroline -
 




1 comment: