Monday, July 21, 2014

Fusses About Buses, Chasing Smoke in a Semi, and the Proverbial Bang My Head on the Wall with a Customer's Question ...

Once again, I was lucky not to be caught in a five hour sky train problem - by the time I got off work, the congestion I expected was cleared up, at least at the sky train station. The bus was another matter - the one I usually take didn't show up, so I had a 15 minute wait instead of a 5 minute one, and then of course, everyone who was waiting for the missing bus piled up on the next one in line. I did get a seat, but unfortunately the gal who sat down beside me started pushing me over - and over and over, until I explained to her in a quiet voice that I only had one seat (my shadow was a lot louder and I had to stop it from smacking her in the jaw.) Between that unwanted squeeze and the guys with the big hairy bellies that had escaped their t-shirts as they reached up for straps to hang onto, and who happened to be standing right in front of me - well, you can decide for yourself if you'd ever want to walk a mile in my shoes. Or ride 20 miles on my seat. Whatever.

Anyway, the buses don't provide the finest of my rides - they are provided by Neil, and when I left you yesterday, I left you with the forest fires just north of Lytton. 

Today we'll take you to Prince George and back as far as Hell's Gate ... it will become clear tomorrow. Don't worry!

We stopped at Cache Creek for smoke and potty break (one for me, and one for Neil), and before we left the Husky, he pointed out the Dinosaur on the hill. I zoomed in with my trusty I Phone - isn't that cool? It's actually a painted rock - at least, that's what Neil said. 
The rest of the trip to Prince George was uneventful, probably because I gave up and hit the sack long before we got there. 

In the morning, we were just lying in our bunks, dozing and waking, waiting for time to get up. I felt like I had a really good sleep, and for the first time in ages, woke up feeling ... well, feeling awake. It wasn't until Neil's phone rang that we realized it was 9:30, and we were supposed to be ready to leave by then. Oops.

The pictures below will explain why we slept in -
At 9:30 in the morning, when the sky was filled with smoke from forest fires to the North, and there was a heavy drizzle falling, it looked more like 5:30 in the morning. Oh well.
The drizzle gave away to heavier rain later in the morning, but cleared up as we travelled farther south.
This time, the smoke was hovering at Cache Creek, where we stopped once again for the usual reasons.
Neil was very happy as he danced his way back to the truck. See the Newfoundland tattoo on his leg? He designed and tattooed it himself!

Well, I'm glad my day is done. I'm really too tired to eat, but I guess I should scarf down something. 

Talking about scarves, an old lady came in the store this afternoon with an old sweater that she had knitted years ago, and wanted the yarn to knit another one. (I know you're thinking, what does that have to do with scarves - nothing really. As I said, I'm really tired.)

Just in case you're wondering, it's really hard to match up 30 year old yarn that's been knitted into a sweater, worn and washed, and thrown on the counter. I did my best, but she decided to go home and come back another day with the pattern. (Duh.)


No comments:

Post a Comment