Monday, September 10, 2012

SEPTEMBER 10 - Bitch, Complain, Bemoan, Gripe - See More Below, If You Dare

- beef, bellyache,bewail, carp, fuss, groangrouse, growlgrumble, kick up a fuss, moan snivel, sound off, wail, whimper, whine, and yammer - all of the above and more - 

I think I would like to work for the city of Richmond and give out Parking Tickets in Steveston. Just because I would love to have a job where people are pissed off at me for a change.

Customer: I need a 3.5mm circular needle and point protectors.
Me: Okay, I'll get them for you
So I go way to the back of the store and get said articles.
C: That's not what I want. I want Stitch Markers.
So I go way to the back of the store and exchange the point protectors for stitch markers.
C: I don't want a circular needle, I want straight ones.
So I go .... well, you get the drift.

Whereas, if I was writing someone an $80 parking ticket, he or she would be the one running up to the car and  getting frustrated. Not me. I would be wearing a uniform that made me look almost like a cop. And I would never, ever, ever have to show anyone how to knit Ruffle Scarves any more. Now people are coming by who have never bought a ball of ruffle yarn in our store in their lives, and saying, 'Oh yes, I bought some HERE last month, but now I can't figure out how to do it.' And I say, 'Well, we always show people how to knit the ruffle yarn they buy.' And they DON'T say, 'Well, I actually bought it at Walmart, or at Michaels, and they don't show people how to knit it, but you guys do. so I'll just tell a little lie and you can show me how .... ' And I wonder if Ticket Writing uniforms come in my size.

But the ones I love the best, are the ones who bring their friends in, and say, 'Oh yes, they'll show you how to do it, it's so easy, they don't mind here, they'll show you how do all the different kinds, but you don't have to buy any now (we'll go to Michaels later ...... )'

And then I come home, and Howard says, 'I put chicken in the oven, if you want to make a macaroni salad ....'
And I say, 'I've been gone from the house for 12 1/2 hours, I've been on my feet all day, I just want to sit down and watch my half-hour of Coronation Street that's coming on at 7:30 ......'
And he gets pissed off at me because I don't want to help with dinner, and then I get pissed off because even though the words on the TV screen a couple of weeks ago said this week Coronation Street was going to be broadcast at 7:30, it wasn't. It was on at 6:30, so I missed it. So guess who's pissed off now? We both are.

I'm going to bed. If he's lucky, I'll prepare tomorrow morning's coffee before I go. Maybe.






No comments:

Post a Comment