Saturday, September 29, 2012

SEPTEMBER 29 - Blood Letting, Breakfast Wetting, and Furniture Fretting

I finally found out what was making me so sick over the past few weeks, and now it's just a few weeks (or months) seesaw-ing my thyroid meds to get me all balanced out again. I can't believe I didn't pick up on it - I'm usually the one who goes the the doctor and asks to have blood work done to check it out. I'm sure glad he sent me to LifeLabs with a requisition. Actually, according to the report that just came through on my computer, I probably just have a few months left - it seems everything is gone to the dogs. Woof.

Since I wasn't supposed to eat before I had blood work this morning, Howard and I went to Knight & Day Restaurant on King George Highway for breakfast afterward. As he would say, we've been there twice for breakfast - the first and last time. First we had to wait ages for coffee - as any waitress worth her salt should know, when someone orders coffee first thing in the morning, she wants it right now, this very second, toot sweet thankya. Not only did this gal take her time, she actually stopped to watch two police cars in the parking lot and ponder the reason for their presence with two other breakfasters while holding our coffee in her hands. Grrrrrr.

Howard ordered bacon, eggs and white toast, and was presented with whole wheat toast. I ordered 2 pancakes and scrambled eggs, and I was doing quite well - until I poured pancake syrup over my pancakes - and dirty looking water came out instead of syrup. As far as I can tell, there would be only two reasons this would happen: (1) They water down the syrup, and the gal who watered it down had something else on her mind and forgot to stir it up, or (2) The had just washed the container and there was dishwater still in the cap or the bottle when they loaded 'er up with syrup.

However, the waitress said she had no idea how that could have happened. Ha. The breakfast meals range from 8 - 14 dollars - and they water down the damn syrup? And then to put the icing on the (pan)cake, we had to wait forever for the bill. I actually stood up and put my jacket on - and sat down again, as no one took the hint. They did not charge me for the eggs I ate (I would hope not), nor the pancakes, but Howard's breakfast and our two coffees came to almost $15. Next time it's Sausage & Egg McMuffins - I don't care what my cholesterol number is.

I spent most of the day rearranging the living room furniture so the electric heaters would be free and clear - I know there are colder mornings up ahead. I really wanted to put the TV in the 'other' corner, but someone didn't think that would be a good idea, so I worked around that - had it all done, he came home and said, 'Well, the TV could go in that corner if you want' - so then it was shift everything around again. I think I moved the couch and love seat 3, if not 4 times. Howard lay down after dinner, and I asked him if he liked it.

He replied, 'I like it just fine like this ...' I was surprised at that answer, until he continued ... 'with my eyes closed.'




1 comment:

  1. There are a lot of people who have a sense of humor. ...but precious few use both sense and humour in their writing. ...I love how you can find the humour in everything from the mundane to the more serious aspects of life. ..don't ever stop writing. ....RodOrton

    ReplyDelete