Sunday, September 9, 2012

SEPTEMBER 9 - Bloopers, Yuckies and Yummies, and Surprises

First of all, I want to thank all you nice people for not pointing out the various grammar and spelling mistakes in last night's posting. I really was tired, and that was proof, as well as my excuse. But I still can't believe I posted it like that.

And that brings me to a very stupid thing I wrote a couple of weeks ago, when Howard and I went to the  SFU campus at Central City. I quote: The interior of SFU complements that of the mall, with the ceiling shaped like an airplane.
 
Actually - the ceiling of SFU is the same ceiling as the mall. You can walk partly around 4 floors, I believe, of the campus, and look down at the shoppers strolling around the mall. The university surrounds the mall, and holds it like a ..... well, like a cupful of blackberries in a salt beef pail.

I'm sure if I go looking farther, I would come across many more bloopers dragging at my heels. Maybe at one point there will be enough to do a Tamar Loses It Bloopers Bathroom Book.

Steve surprised me today by bringing me a new Samsung camera while I was at work. So of course I couldn't work much, as I had to figure out how to use it. After a while, I discovered how to turn it on -well, Pauline helped - and when I got home I downloaded the User Manual and found out how to install the memory card. What a tiny little card, it's hard to believe it can store hundreds of pictures. So you can look forward to better pictures, and even better video - once I learn to use it, of course. Breehy is sulking by the kitchen wall, as she hasn't had the chance to get out much lately - but we're going adventuring again towards the end of the week. There's at least 3 more trips I want to pedal before winter sets in.

For lunch today I got some more spring rolls from Sushi Ten, and decided to try a bowl of Chicken Udon Soup.
I turned down the offer of chopsticks, as I didn't want to pick it all up from the floor, and attacked it with a spoon for the broth, and a fork for the noodles. Looking at the picture now, I realize it doesn't look very appetizing - and it wasn't. I didn't like it at all. Yech. It wasn't spicy at all, in fact it was quite bland and watery, and I won't be ordering that again. But I will eat all the spring rolls they will sell me!

Meanwhile, I didn't starve, as Pauline brought along some soooo delicious Zucchini  Brownies that our friend Esther made. I have to get that recipe and share it with you all. You would never ever believe it was a healthy brownie - so yummy.

And now - it's just these every night chores - dishes, coffee, Howard's lunch for tomorrow - and it's off to bed. Tomorrow is another day - and I can't wait for it to be over. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment