Friday, March 1, 2013

My Flog for March 1 - Seems I'd Rather Walk In The Rain Than Stay Home And Do Housework, and a New Yucky Number


I guess I'm all people, as I walk in the rain and get wet at the same time. In fact, today when I got home, I was soaked from stem to stern - the only dry clothes I was wearing was my underwear. However, I just took Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's advice - The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain. 

So I called Nikkie to see if she wanted to let it rain with me, and she got ready to go even though she knew a hard rain  was going to fall, and keep on falling. And off we headed - first to the bank, then to Money Mart to load my Titanium Visa (the only reason I have it is so I can pay Picaso for the privilege of loading pictures to this blog. It's a long story, but I went over my free space months ago - and I just wouldn't put a real Visa or MC number online. Call me old-fashioned.) However, since there was such a long line-up, we didn't wait there, but headed up to Value Village to see what kind of other people's garbage could possibly become our treasures.

After Value Village, it was another wait at Money Mart before I got tired of standing in line yet again, so we left again - to Pricesmart to drop off a prescription and buy strawberries and yogurt, then to McDonalds for lunch, then to that great market on 100 Av whose name I can never remember, to buy more fruit and veggies. By then, Nikkie had headed to a bus stop as she had to pick up the kids from school, but Georgia and I walked through a waterfall until we floated up to our front door. Well, I walked. Georgia rolled.

When I got home, dripping and squelching, Howard was sitting on the couch having a beer. I wasn't very talkative - he asked if I was wet, and I said no. I believe he may realize he, unlike Snoopy, is in the doghouse.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - McChicken McNuggets and McFries, and a McSprite
  • Dinner - Fried Rice. Yummy yummy fried rice, with onions, celery, red pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, eggs, Dainty Rice seasonings, and soy sauce. Mmmm.
  • Snacks - Strawberries, Diet Pepsi, one Lindt chocolate and one cookie
And here we are at the start of another month. I was really glad I gave up muffins - I know I said I was going to give up standing on the scale too, but I had to this morning. 

173

Yes, Another pound. So it seems muffins have nothing to do with weight gain. I know some of you are thinking, She's doing a lot of walking, it's muscle weight. But you are wrong. Muscle weight wouldn't make it hard to zip up my jeans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment