Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Flog for March 17 - Apologies in Advance, for Utter Lack of Interesting Words,


Okay. Day at work - all by my lonesome. I knew the gal who was supposed to work was sick yesterday, but when I didn't hear from her, and she had no message left on the answer machine, I assumed (ha! we all know what that means, right?) she was coming in today. When she didn't show up by closing time, I realized she wasn't merely running late.

I did bring a lunch, just in case, but it was almost 4 o'clock before I got a chance to eat anything, so by then I was really hungry. Maybe I lost a few pounds. However, if I did, the piece of apple pie I just ate should make up for that.

Tomorrow will be very exciting - I have to drag Howard to emergency to get his swollen wrist documented for a worker's comp claim, as it looks like it isn't going to get better by itself - I sure wish he had kept his Friday's doctor's appointment. We'll have to leave early because I have to be at work in Steveston before noon, so I guess it's another early wake-up for me, and I can only stay with him until about 9:30, so hopefully they won't be so busy he'll just leave after I do. One thing about sons - they grow up and become independent, not like husbands. Seems they revert.

However, I have a sink full of dirty dishes, a coffee pot that needs readying, and a living room floor covered with old worker's comp papers (looking for his password, customer claim #, etc), and Lewis just came on PBS. So much for an early night.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Soup, Yogurt
  • Dinner - Meatballs, left over from .... Friday, I think
  • Snacks - Banana, Apple Pie, Irish Cream Latte, in honour of St Patrick's Day


No comments:

Post a Comment