Sunday, March 3, 2013

My Flog for March 3 - Sunny Sunshiny Day, Back To Work, and Birds

I wasn't in the least surprised when I went out this morning and saw this - after all, it is the first of my 3 days at work. 
I don't know where all the rain that fell over my 4 day offs went, but it went somewhere pretty fast. I'm just waiting for Wednesday - if it rains again then, I'll know it's all about me. I'm not sure how long my sneakers will last if I have to dry them on the baseboard electric heaters every night.

The sunny day  brought hoards of people to the store, and that, combined with a thousand balls of yarn to unpack, made for a busy day. The only part I don't like are the customers that wait until 2 minutes before closing to burst in because 'I need it for .... ' whatever. I had to rush cashout/closing, and I just made it in time to catch the bus. Sure hope I remembered to lock the door. (Only joking - of course I did ... )

I think.

The bus driver said, 'I don't leave for another two minutes. The bus isn't even running yet.' Lucky bus - if I hadn't been running, I would have missed it.

Howard did give me a ride into Steveston this morning, and it was a beautiful trip - blue-est of blue skies, snow glistening on the mountains, scuddy white clouds. We saw two hawks sitting on light standards, watching the fields for breakfast take-out. On the way home, I saw the Smith Crescent eagle, who I'm naming Augrah - since it's on Smith Crescent, and since I don't know if it's a boy or a girl. This name sounds feminine at the beginning and ends with a bit of masculinity. I hope some people are pleased - it's not every couple who gets an eagle named after them.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Soup, Orange, a couple of biscuits
  • Dinner - Chinese take-out - noodles and rice, 1 piece of Sweet and Sour Pork (I'm too tired to chew) plus a few fries
  • Snacks - Yogurt



No comments:

Post a Comment