Monday, August 20, 2012

AUGUST 20 -Gravol, Fare Evasion and No Butterflies

I guess I was (un)lucky enough to pick up a stomach bug, which has left me with a very nauseated tummy. I did go to work this morning, but my first stop was at the little store at the Sky Train station to get some Gravol. Then it was huff up the stairs opening that Gravol, when I looked up and saw about 8 Transit Police at the top checking tickets. They have guns. And that's when I realized I was so busy trying not to throw up that I forgot to get my ticket from the Ticket Machine, so it was turn around and hoof it back, hoping they wouldn't see me, chase me, or shoot me for trying to evade my fare. It was truly an honest mistake, I wouldn't have the nerve to try to ride with no ticket. Because I would be the first to get caught. However, all was fine, at least 4 of them looked at my brand new ticket and let me pass.

However that doesn't mean I haven't sailed through the sky with noTicket To Ride. Oh no. Nikkie and I hopped hurriedly onto a Sky Train a few months ago on our way to a movie at Metrotown - a movie we would be late for it we didn't boot it. So we grabbed our bus tickets and away to go - until two stops away from the theatre, when I realized we had forgotten to put them in the little machine that stamps the time/date on them. We figured if any Sky Train police came on, we would run off, go downstairs, steal a car, and do a Thelma and Louise kind of thing, but with a different ending, of course.

I am hoping to be perfectly better in the morning, as they are once more filming Once Upon a Time in Steveston, and who knows, I may see Prince Charming again. Also, I really don't want to lose a day's pay, as I get so few of them. And I surely hope to be all better by Wednesday, as Breehy is rearing at the bit to go out again - the heat wave we suffered through last week put a halt to our exploring. We still have miles to see before she gets hibernated for the winter.

Remember the butterfly seeds I planted earlier this spring? Well, disappointingly, they never gave birth to any butterflies, just a big bunch of weed-like stalks. Some of them have flowers on top. Actually, I don't know which are weeds and which are flowers. There was a thistle and a few dandelions amongst them all, so I got rid of these. And the others just clump together in a messy little patch. Oh well. Maybe next spring I'll try the pack of hummingbird seeds.
This part of my garden is the 'down in the slums' part, so we don't go there very often. As you can probably tell. A bit run down, a bit 'seedy', if you will.


No comments:

Post a Comment