Friday, August 31, 2012

AUGUST 31 - Oh Woe, Alas, Blue Moon, and Sleepovers

What I thought ended well Wednesday didn't end well at all. When we got up Thursday morning, Breehy was slouched in her corner with her front tire almost surrounding the rim. Seems the air Steve pumped into it somehow escaped. I may have ridden over another big fat nail on my way home from his place, who knows.

Now I have a Self-Sealing tube, and that sucker better work. I don't mind not riding when I don't want to ride, but I hate not riding when I can't. I'm not saying I would be riding today - I just like to have the choice. Now we just have to wait until somebody offers to install it, and we'll off adventuring again.

 Howard had to take another day of work yesterday, as his back is really hurting. He can do a wee bit of something, then has to sit/lie down for a spell. I sure hope relaxing this long weekend will help that muscle heal, as these days off with no pay aren't any fun. Well, the days may be fun, but the no pay part isn't.

I snuck off for half an hour and picked another tub of blackberries, and now they are some sort of cross between jam and stewed berries, cooling off a bit so I can put them in plastic tubs and freeze them for the long hard berry-less winter.

Meanwhile - tonight is very special. We have a Blue Moon, which is a very rare happening, as in Once in a Blue Moon, Howard may bring me flowers, or Once in a Blue Moon he may bring me breakfast in bed. Actually, I think he did the former once, and the latter never, but I'm still hoping. If not today, then in 2015.

And that's not the only reason tonight is very special. We have two little boys sleep-overing with us -
Tanner
Tanner is very interested in Teletoon Retro, watching all the cartoons his daddy and uncles watched when they were little boys.
Dominik

I don't think Dominik is having much fun yet though, as he's been asleep since I got home from the store. I guess he finds life at the old folks' home pretty boring.

I see the moon and the moon sees me
The moon sees someone I'd love to see
God bless the moon and God bless me
And God bless the someone I'd love to see -
for
Gabriel, Arianna and Kayla


No comments:

Post a Comment