Saturday, August 25, 2012

AUGUST 25 - Just a Few Words, But An Amazing (?) Ending

I forgot to mention yesterday, that while I was gliding ladylike downhill on the way home from New Westminster, an insect flew into my mouth. It was either a matter of coughing it out and seeing what it was, which was would be pretty gross, or just swallowing it, which is what I did. I hope it wasn't a dragonfly, as I really like dragonflies.

Today was pretty easy. I rode to Walmart in the morning when I realized, just in time, that what I thought was a free pack of laundry detergent that was dropped off at my door was actually dishwasher machine soap. I do like clean clothes, but not squeaky clean ones that shine when I wear them. Anyway, I took a big butter tub (empty) with me, and I filled it up with blackberries on the way home. These berries are now sitting in the fridge, after they simmered on the stove top with a whole bunch of sugar until they almost burned. Sometimes I appreciate the smoke alarm. Sometimes I don't, especially when it is a constant companion to my morning coffee and toast.

I made a pancake brunch for Chris, Lizzie and me, and a picnic of Peanut Butter sandwiches, Banana/Chocolate Chip Muffins and Peppermint KitKat bars, plus pop of course (Ginger Ale) for Chris and me. Lizzie and her mom  had gone on a search for New York Fries, and although they were gone almost long enough for them to actually get Fries in New York, they found some at Guildford Mall. The sun proved too hot for an enjoyable playground time with Chris, so we came home and hunkered down with scissors, glue, pen, paper, Toopy and Binoo and the rest of the Treehouse Gang.

Chris asked why Binoo never talked. I told him Binoo didn't get the chance to talk as Toopy never shut up. No comments, please.

And - to end this little epistle - some wise words from my husband, when I was wondering where we were going on Thursday. I was standing on the corner wondering which walkie button thingie I should push, East or North? and he says - and I quote - word for word (I wrote it my notebook so I wouldn't forget) -

It's no good to go anywhere unless we go somewhere else.

I've written a lot of words in my life, but I can't top these.


No comments:

Post a Comment