Friday, August 3, 2012

AUGUST 3 - Some Old Pictures, Few Words

I have a very bad case of No Worditis - so thought I'd troll an old Picasso album and see what was there. What I found was a few memories all right, so if you want a peek, keep reading!

My dad worked at Terra Nova Park in Newfoundland, and he manned the Fire Lookout Tower on Blue Hills. He had two main jobs - one was to keep an eye out for smoke, which would probably mean a fire breakout, and the other was to greet and answer questions from tourists. He had a cabin in the woods below the tower, and we would spend lots of time there, watching the grey jays and squirrels he had tamed steal our bread from the picnic table. Here are mom, Penny, and Tracy - and dad's uniform hat! Nice legs, Penny!

   
This is our Scottish Nana.

Michael and Neil fast asleep - now they both have babies of their own. We blinked.

Another blink - my first baby boy, Bradley, with mom's knitted afghan keeping him warm.
I was either half asleep, finding something funny, or drunk. I don't think I would have been drunk, though. I don't see a Lemon Gin bottle around anywhere.

Now, this is the one I had to consider posting, as you've read my thoughts on the clothes young people wear today. However, in my defense, by the look of my rosy face, I was half bladdered and probably pulled on a pair of my kid's shorts by mistake. And Sheila better not be laughing, because she has that same rosy look.

No comments:

Post a Comment