Tuesday, August 21, 2012

AUGUST 21 - A Bit of the Arts, Beauty in the Eye of the Beholder, and Irony? Maybe ...

Just a little bit tonight - as I had a loooong day at work, got home to prepare dinner, and then had two little rugrats for a short while. Dishes done, blueberry muffins made, and that's almost all she wrote.
I found out today that the mural above, which I saw and posted pics of a few weeks ago, is called The Legends of the Millenium, and this link is a video is an interview with the artist, Paul Ygartua. Very interesting indeed!

More filming of Once Upon a Time at Steveston today. You know how sometimes I meet a Prince Charming?

 Well, today I wasn't so lucky - today I saw one of the Seven Dwarfs. I don't know which one, but I don't think it really matters. Although the one who was walking across the street was wearing a red hat, so it may have been this one.
And as you can see, he ain't no Prince Charming. But then I imagine he would look at me and think, She ain't no Sleeping Beauty.

On a totally different subject I have trouble knowing irony. I think a lot of people do - thinking stuff is ironic when it's not. However, I think what I saw on the sky train on the way home was indeed ironic. Correct me if I'm wrong - it was a young guy fast asleep holding a big can of Red Bull. Ironic, or what?

I realized this morning why morning commutes are so yucky. First of all, there seems to be always a smell of pot in the air, which probably comes in on somebody's clothes, and second, there always seems to be a few people hacking up their lungs.

And now, that is all she wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment