Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Flog for January 16 + Chopped!, Shot and Cops

After sleeping in until 8 o'clock, then watching a movie about a crazy wife (imagine that, a crazy wife....) getting rid of her husband in a terribly bloody way, and an episode of Chopped! where they had to use canned cocktail sausages in a dessert - I realized if I was going to do anything note-worthy I had better get going. I did have a plan today - not a hugely exciting one, though.

Breehy and I actually took my left arm to Pricesmart because I needed to get a flu shot and thought that may be the easiest way to get one. It was chilly riding - and it was chilly walking also. I sure wish it would warm up soon so I can get my poor leg muscles used to pedalling again - I can't believe our long journeys of past summer, where I could go for miles and miles and miles. Oh well.

The pharmacist who toddled out with the needle paraphernalia looked like he may have gotten his medical training at a nursery school, a bit of a concern.

'You have done this before?' I asked him.

'Oh yes,' he replied, 'I've done at least 4 of these .......'

I was getting ready to bolt, and he continued

 '.....this morning.'

Okay. I could either trust him, or spend 3 hours on bus to my trusty, needle-practiced doctor in Richmond. Trust won. It was a bit jabby, but not too bad, and even though my arm is hurting like a bugger now, that is to be expected. I'd rather have a sore arm for a couple of days than the nasty flu that's starting its rounds.

But don't think that's the most exciting thing that happened today. After Howard came home, he heard a helicopter circling above - sure enough, a look through the window saw the police helicopter making small circles over the school on the other side of the road, and our house. The circles got smaller and smaller, and ended with one guy, who turned out to be an undercover cop, running after another guy, who turned out be a criminal of some sorts,  and 6 undercover cop cars. All of a sudden the criminal guy falls goes flat on the ground in a 'let's make a snow angel position' (although he was on his face side) and a slew of cops surrounded him. The chopper kept circling and some of the cops started searching around the school - not sure how long they were there. We figure the bad boy got rid of something as he ran, so they were looking for whatever it was. No idea what he did, but after about half an hour they bundled his sorry handcuffed ass into the back of a car and took off. With all the school-involved stuff going on lately, it was a bit more scary, but this all happened after a couple of hours after the kids had gone home.


  • Breakfast - Toast with Jam, Coffee
  • Lunch - Leftover Chinese food - rice and noodles. So good.
  • Dinner - Just Fries. And Catsup. or Ketchup. Whatever.
  • Snacks - a Cranberry/Apricot/Coconut Muffin - oh so also good

No comments:

Post a Comment