Monday, January 7, 2013

My Flog for January 7 + Inside Info About Cranberries, and Thank You, Mr Armstrong


  • Breakfast - Coffee and Toast. After breakfast, I did some housework, and baked some Blueberry/Cranberry Muffins. How many of you knew that cranberries are white inside? They actually look really strange for a berry. I posed my watch in the snapshot because it is a really nice watch, and I've never taken a picture of it before


I always cut the big ones in half, just because I'd rather have a muffin with lots of cranberry bits rather than a muffin with just 3 or 4 big cranberries. My kitchen shears are very handy for doing this, although after the time I snipped a piece out of the top of my thumb as well, I'm a lot more careful.
  • Later Breakfast - Coffee and Muffin (are you aware that 4 mugs of coffee in 4 hours acts as as really good diuretic?) I had a really good reason for having a second breakfast (also for getting up early on a day I don't start work until quarter to twelve, and for doing a little bit of housework at that ungodly hour) - a really wonderful person was going to come over for coffee and muffins and then give me a ride to Steveston. No bus. And great company - thanks, Marianne!
  • Lunch - Pea Soup, Yogurt, and another Muffin - a banana one this time. I should really stop making muffins, but now that Howard actually likes them (the first 36 1/2 years he did NOT) I suppose I shouldn't stop. 
  • Dinner - Basa Fish, Potatoes and Onions 'stewed' in the oven. Howard made dinner, which accounted for the great sprinkling of pepper and savory on top of the potatoes. It was good in spite of that - it had to be good, if not there would never be any more dinner waiting my homecoming after a hard half-day at the mines. A slice of bread helped to cleanse my palate.(Since I can still taste the pepper 2 hours later, that obviously didn't work well.)
  • Snacks - Hot Chocolate, and you'll find this hard to believe - another muffin. If I weren't writing this flog, I would probably have yet another one before I go to bed. And a banana. 
I don't think I left anything out. It seems like a lot of food, but then there are a lot of words involved.

As we were driving along Westminster Highway, we were talking about Snow Geese -when I pointed out a whole slew of them on a field beside the road. Marianne pointed out that these geese were indeed swans - and she was right. A huge number of long necked white swans, decorating a field of old orange pumpkins. That was awesome. That was a gift. And farther down the road - the eagle was perched in his old tree. 

And I think to myself, what a Wonderful World.


No comments:

Post a Comment