Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Flog for January 1


We spent most of the day house-working, and not New Year Daying. Howard took down The Christmas Tree and packed up all the ornaments, and I Dug Out and Rearranged Stuff in my room and the kitchen. All the floors got vacuumed or swept, all the things that stood still got dusted, and I found some more things I thought at one time I needed but obviously didn't. Check Craigslist Free listings if you want them.
  • Breakfast - Toast with jam, and coffee. 2 skinny slices of my home made white bread, and not just skinny on one end either. I have been known to slice bread that you can see through on one end and is about an inch thick on the other end. The jam was called Giggle Jam, and it came from the wife of one of Howard's workmates. I have no idea what was in it, Howard vaguely remembers plum being mentioned, but it is mysteriously good, a bit tart, which I like.
  • Lunch - Pea Soup and Banana Pudding. I made a batch of pea soup yesterday, now I'll be a month eating it. Gotta freeze it for lunches at work, if I can find enough containers to do so. The banana pudding is one I made myself (with the help of a box of Shirrif  Banana Pudding and Pie Filling mix.) And no, I didn't eat it all. Yet.
  • Dinner - Ribs, Mashed Potatoes, Carrot Coins and Broccoli Trees. And oven-grilled fresh pineapple. Howard wouldn't trust me with the ribs this time, as I have been known to overcook them, but I did do the veggies, and must say I did a fine job with them. The thing about having a lot of different dishes on the table is that just a small bit of each makes a full tummy. 
  • Snacks - a few bites of Bits'n'Bites, just the cheesy O ones as I'm not fussy about pretzels or wheatie squares. Now I did just bake a dozen Cranberry/Blueberry Muffins, and a dozen Chocolate Chip Muffins - they are still pretty hot and may be in danger before I go to bed. We'll see. Let's just say I ate two muffins anyway, because I'm pretty sure I will. 
Actually I only ate one muffin, a Cranberry/Blueberry one. I had no choice, as I hadn't had any fruit all day, and berries are such a good source of antioxidants.Gotta get and stay healthy this year for all my Planned Pedalling.

No comments:

Post a Comment