Tuesday, January 1, 2013

JANUARY 1, 2013 - Back to my Flog, Resolutions, and the Ghosts of Past New Year Resolutions



It's 9 hours and 32 minutes into 2013, and so far nothing seems to have changed much. I'm still sitting in my robe with a cup of cold coffee at my elbow, having just played about 2013 games of Solitaire, and wondering what I'm going to do to make this foggy but cold New Year's Day special.

Last night I wanted Howard to go downtown Vancouver to welcome the New Year, but nope .... even the free transit rides wouldn't change his mind. This morning I thought a walk around Stanley Park would be a good way to spend the first day of this wonderful new year - nope again. I guess it's just a waste of breath to ask him to take a Polar Bear Dip with me.

I really need a partner in crime - send a resume if you'd like the position.

As I was reminiscing over past New Year posts, I realized that we have spent three years in a row in three different houses. First in Richmond, then at Steve's house 'up the road' and now here in my nice dream home, which Howard wants to vacate after our lease is up in May - the lure of a garage is just too much for him to ignore any more.  If we do indeed move, there better be a dog house on the property too. And not for a dog. Just sayin'.

I did something really stupid last night, though. I checked back on the magic numbers I was tracking for a year - and found the one for January 1, 2012. It wasn't a bad number (158.5), which made the number I saw this morning when I stepped on the scale a bit shocking (171). So .... here I go again, back to a FLOG, to see if I can once again slip slide my way through another year tracking what I eat, in the hopes of taking up less space on the bus. That's a resolution.

I am definitely going to write more. That would go hand in hand with the above. My word pool has been hard to dive into lately, and I've been relying on pictures to get me through my meager postings, and while pictures are great when I go on my 'adventures,' ones of my DH sitting at the table in front of Christmas dinner leftovers aren't really thought provoking. That's another resolution.

And when the weather eases up a bit, Breehy and I are going to travel farther and wider, as there is so much more to see and do in this wonderful part of the world, and that's when my camera will get its workout, so I can share our adventures.

Below are postings from the past two years, if anyone wants a walk down Memory Lane.
Happy New Year to 2010
Happy New Year to 2011

1 comment:

  1. Well, those are some good ideas to start off 2013, Tamar! Look forward, not backward! I was seriously ready for 2012 to end. 2013 is looking up up up! Love you!

    ReplyDelete