Friday, January 11, 2013

My Flog for January 11 + I Really Shouldn't Complain About The Weather


  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Pancakes (only 2 - however, I could have made them smaller and had 4, or just made a big one and had only 1, as there would have been fewer calories in 1 - but I decided to splurge and have 2)
  • Dinner - Turkey Veggie Soup that I was supposed to have for lunch, and a slice of bread and margarine - plus some A&W fries and a Chicken Strip - Steve brought a few bags of takeout and his family for dinner at our house. His reasoning? So he wouldn't have a mess of take-out garbage in his kitchen. Smrt boy.
  • Snacks - Rice Pudding. This has been a gimme comfort food day for some reason. Maybe it's the thought of the wicked snowstorm they are having 'back home', or the fact that the temps are hovering below 0 here, but the thought of my dad standing by the stove stirring his yummy rice pudding was so strong I decided to try it myself, so I went trolling Yahoo! Search for a recipe. Found one. Not as good as dad's, but I'll still eat all of it. Just not at once. Square of Chocolate. The rest of Lizzie's Cream Soda. I wouldn't drink nearly as much pop if Poppy stopped giving cans of it to the kids.
I had to go searching for pictures of the winter storm - lots of people talking about it, but no one seemed all that eager to go out in it and take pictures for me to steal. These are probably from, or near, St John's, but I guess snow looks like snow no matter where you are.

I guess maybe I shouldn't complain when we get snow here in the Lower Mainland of BC. But of course I will. This was our snow storm in mid-December - as you can see, I was out in it waiting for a bus to take me to work, which didn't happen first nor last. But I did brave the weather, and yes, I even got some pictures.
However, if it was like this, I wouldn't have been nearly so brave, especially since I don't have a winter parka or snowshoes.
I remember snow storms back home - one in particular - when we opened the kitchen door to put the dog out to pee, and the snow was piled almost to the top of the door frame. Howard picked the dog up, hoisted him high in the air, and placed him on top of the snow. Needless to say, the dog wasn't long doing his business, and Howard reached up and brought him back to floor level.

I'll leave you all to share a little something  for my Newfoundland friends. 



No comments:

Post a Comment