Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Flog for January 27 - Being Spontaneous + Muffins and Rice Re-visited


Back to work today, again was glad when I got back home. I suggested to Pauline that we do something fun and cool and spontaneous next Friday, so we are tentatively planning a walk around Stanley Park, rain or shine, and some kind of Food Truck vittles if we can find any. 
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Spring Rolls, Carrot Cake. I had Spring Rolls because the ones we get at the little sushi place on Moncton are so good, and I had Carrot Cake because I haven't been eating enough vegetables.
  • Dinner - Beef Fried Rice w/Pork (doesn't make sense, does it? But it was really really good.)
  • Snacks - Hot chocolate, Muffin
The muffin of the evening is an Apple/Raisin Cinnamon Muffin - just the usual fantastic basic recipe, however, I added a grated apple, a big tsp of cinnamon, and a big cup of raisins - also used brown sugar instead of white. Just trying to prevent the common raisin muffin from being a bit 'hard' in the morning. Hopefully these changes will keep them moister. We'll see.

And the rice? Well, I sauteed some of Howard's green peppers, which he grew in his flower garden this past summer, onions and celery in veggie oil, then added 3 eggs and sort of scrambled them up in the pan. Then I remembered to reconstitute the tinned rice from our favourite 'everything old is new again' box of Dainty Beef Rice (available at a local dollar store here in Surrey, imagine our surprise when we saw that?), and when that was done, added the flavor package, soya sauce and rice to the veggies, along with cubed pork that we froze after last Sundays Roast Pork Dinner. Yummy. Not as good as our Top King's takeout, but still yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment