Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Flog for January 29 - When Bad Words Are Good, and a Touch of Storybrooke

It's been a crazy day at work, still pricing and stocking shelves. We have moved so much new 'stuff' over the past week, and I think it's time I had a rest. Thank heavens this was the last of my 3 days of hard labour, and tomorrow I can start doing fun stuff - which I am going to do. You can read all about it tomorrow night.

The Once Upon a Time crew were filming in Steveston again today, so on my way back from the bank, I took some shots of the store window displays. Even though the characters are modern and hip, the shop windows are sort of archaic. I guess there's a reason for it, just like the fact that no matter what or when they film, they always scatter dead fall leaves all over the street. That's not so lovely when the leaves get dragged in the store on the bottom of someone's shoes. However, it's a small price to pay for fame. I've posted the pictures at the end of the blog so people who don't care about the show don't have to look at them.

I still can't believe I ate a chicken burger last night. I believe they are made like hotdogs, from lips and assholes. I also can't believe that I lived for almost 60 years before I realized birds have lips - I didn't know until Neil brought home a fledgling crow and nursed it from a little baby who had to be fed every two hours -

to a big black flying machine who loved flying around our house in Richmond. Howard wasn't impressed, but we thought Draco was pretty cool. Anyway, I did notice that he had lips - and that amazed me.

Pretty pathetic, eh?

Regardless of that, I know I also said assholes, and in this context, I don't believe that's a naughty word. Ass is just another word for  buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump - and we must admit, each one does have a hole. It's only when it's used in a sentence like That asshole of a bus driver moved the bus ahead a few inches just as I was stepping from the bus to the sidewalk, therefore causing me to lose my balance and almost fall down. So you see, there is a difference. And since I imagine chicken burgers are made from both of these ingredients, plus other odds and ends swept from the floor, I hope to never be hungry enough to eat another.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Subway Roasted Potato Soup - sounds delicious, doesn't it? But it wasn't. It was very tasteless. And a Spiteful Pineapple Muffin. At least that was yummy.
  • Dinner - I don't know - it's after 9 o'clock and all I've had is one little slice of fried baby bologna. For those of you who are not familiar with this product, it's about 2 1/2 inches in diameter, and no, it is NOT made from disgusting ingredients, I don't care what you say. Maybe I'll get some toast. 
  • Snacks - Yogurt/Fruit Parfait, small Lays chips, Cream Soda
And now, for those of you who are interested in the Once Upon a Time set


My favourite item is the candy striped panty hose on the left side of the display below.
The Storybrooke Pet Shelter has become Worthington's Haberdashery for this shot.
And here is Emma's cop car and the tow truck. They were firing up the truck - talk about a racket and a whack of exhaust!
More coming in the future - so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment