Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Flog for January 6 + Snow Geese, Old Words, and Where Can I Find Serenity?


Back to work, which meant walking to a bus stop, going upstairs to a sky train, downstairs to another bus stop - and then walking to the store. However, I was pleased to see some Snow Geese also spending Sunday morning in Steveston. These were my day's silver lining.
I Would Choose The Snow Geese is a post I wrote on Roxie's and my Smrt Gals blog a few years ago. I think a lot of you may have already read it, but it's here in case it's new to some.
Anyway, to sum up the day:

Work (cashiering, pricing, cutting fabric, climbing tall step ladders to reach yarn that someone really wanted - until she changed her mind, searching for a pattern for another customer - when I couldn't find it, she said she was in yesterday and no one could find it then either - I don't know if I should scream or whimper), Home (dishes, making 18 Banana Muffins, TV, knitting, getting coffee ready for tomorrow morning - and bed very soon.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Turkey & Veggie Soup, Yogurt
  • Dinner - A Hot Dog. What's the best way to spoil a piece of lovely home-made bread? Spread it with mustard, wrap it around a cheap, rubbery no-name wiener and call it a Hot Dog. So to make up for that fiasco I had another slice of lovely home-made bread with butter and Bakeapple Jam (it's almost all gone now, Elaine!)
  • Snacks - Hot Chocolate and Banana Muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment