Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Photo Tribute to our Dad - December 26, 1920 - July 22, 1984













The love of his life - together again, after 28 years.

How happy he was to spend time with his grandchildren - the ones who remember him are blessed.



This is probably the only photo we have of the three generations that include Grandfather and Grandmother Pike.

I remember one of my dad's sayings - Everything worth doing, is worth doing well. He was a craftsman, an outdoorsman, a fisherman, a boatbuilder - a carpenter, a maker of nets - his hands were always busy. In the winter, when it was too cold to work outdoors, he would even knit. I know how much he loved his children, and I know how much joy his grandchildren brought to his life.

Ever gentle, ever kind, with a sense of humour and a wonderful relationship with his God - forever missed by us all.

After I finished this, and before I posted it, I went for a little walk. Even though we had no rain today -
Thank you! (I always knew you would have a little influence up there, XOXOXO)

1 comment:

  1. I remember your father and mother when I was growing up on Traytown. We use to get crab apples and dig worms for trouting just in the back yard where you guys lived. They were both very nice people, your mom had such a wonderful accent, her and Mrs. Ella Patten I could listen to them both talk all day. Guy Wells

    ReplyDelete