Tuesday, July 3, 2012

JULY 3 - Rain, Shadows, and .... that's about it, actually ...

Yes, it is July 3. We had a morning of pouring rain, and my poor little shoes and I were soaking wet by the time we got to work, in sore need of a Hot Chocolate. I know these are supposed to be Winter drinks, but Geez Louise, it sure doesn't seem like summer. Which is why I turned the heat on when I went in the store.

Three. That is the number of customers I had for the first 2 1/2 hours. That's how wet and cold it was - nobody wanted to leave their nice warm nests. Either that, or they were all out in their gardens planting geraniums and picking strawberries. However, they all decided to drop in late afternoon, which is the time of day I'm at my best. Not.

Me: 'Can I help you find anything? I close in 2 1/2 minutes'
My Shadow: 'You'd better find it and get the hell out of here before 5:30.'
Customer: 'No, I'm just browsing - although come to think of it, I think I would like 4 inches of each of these 23 rolls of ribbon, please.'
My Shadow: (at this point my shadow is censored)


However, my Shadow and I caught the bus just in time, and caught the skytrain just in time, because we ran up the thousand stairs when I heard the rumble of its arrival. Slower and younger people missed it, elevator people missed it - nyah nyah nyah on them. My heart stopped racing long after my legs did -by the time we got to King George station it was back to its normal Thump-Ba-Thump-Miss-a-Beat-and-Quiver. Come to think of it, maybe the same people who see me racing upstairs are the ones who won't offer me a seat when the train is packed.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Ham and Cheese Sandwich, Cream of Broccoli Soup
  • Dinner - Fried Potatoes w/Onions, Wieners
  • Snacks - Yogurt, 3 little tiny cookies, a few chips, Hot Chocolate



No comments:

Post a Comment