Saturday, July 7, 2012

JULY 7 - Saturday with Tanner, Curry-less Once Again, and A Few Drops

I do believe Summer is here to stay. Since I was expecting Tanner this afternoon, Breehy and I left in the morning to do some more traveling. Once again, our goal was lunch - something different that I hadn't had before.

So up the path to 128th, then up 96th. Not the way to Tim Hortons, but the other way, the uphill way, to a strip mall and a possibility or two. It was a beautiful ride (and partial walk - it's really uphill.) I've been to this area before, as it has my favourite Surrey bakery, fruit and veggie market, and Fish 'n' Chip place.

Aha! Found an East Indian restaurant - not closed, waiting for its Grand Opening, or moved. So I thought, a bit of a bike ride farther on, and a little bit of something curry on the way home. All is good.

I crossed the corner to continue my exploration, and saw this, and wondered how many eggs some people carry in their basket.

Yes, one stop does it all - get your passport photo taken, then pick up a video for tonight and a roast of goat for tomorrow`s dinner. There are so many Indian meat shops here, and I can`t get close to a ham for a good pot of Pea Soup. I don`t think you can make good pea soup with a goat bone. I don`t think I`ll ever try.

Just as I was getting back on Breehy, my phone rang, announcing the imminent arrival of Tanner, so I once again crossed the street and headed to the market for some fruit and veggies, and to the bakery for some bread. If I`m lucky, the Indian restaurant will be there next week.
Breehy had to stay outside. This is how I lock her up.
Locking her up like this wouldn`t work very well.

So, her basket loaded up with fresh and tasty, we hightailed it back home, wheeeeee-ing down all the hills to our driveway.

Tanner, Chris, Lizzie, Nikkie and I took the kids to Bear Creek Park for a picnic, and then Tanner and I spent some time at the playground and water park. I cooked myself in the sun, but he had a great time underneath all his sunscreen.
Water Park entrance
the whirly twirly thing
watch out!
Happy Tanner after a busy afternoon

For dinner, I made a really nice chicken chow mein - in fact it was so nice, we gobbled it up before I remembered I was going to share it with you in pictures. The house is relatively quiet now - the kids have settled down to a movie and popcorn, and when that`s over it will be really close to bedtime. Let`s hope one little man is as tired as his poor old Nanny.

Before I left this morning, knowing what a hot and tiring day I would have, I did this. I didn`t get very much in a few hours.

 But I lowered it down anyway - Cheers, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment