Tuesday, July 10, 2012

JULY 10 -Just a Mere Outline Tonight


  • No eagle this morning, one this afternoon
  • Loooooooooong day at work, thought it would never end
  • Walked during my lunch break, saw this guy standing outside a restaurant that was closed for renovations. 


 I have a feeling he wrote the note in the window.

  •  Bought a Panini at Bean and Beyond Cafe. It had turkey, cranberries, cheese, and pesto. I've never had pesto, but it's my new mission in life to try new food, so I went for it. It's green. And the only taste that I wasn't used to was sort of like the seasonings in a stuffing mix. If that was the pesto, I don't like it. It made the sandwich taste sort of - well, almost mouldy. 


  • One of my last customers brought 10 (yes, TEN) rolls of ribbons and cordings to the counter and wanted a total of 35 metres cut. I wish we didn't have to be nice to everyone. I wish people wouldn't wait until 10 minutes before the store closes to buy stuff like that. 
  • Neil and Tanner dropped by after work, in Neil's new truck. He's very happy - I would have taken a pic of him at the wheel if my head was tall enough.

 
My most hated conversation at work:
CUSTOMER (from now on referred to as C): .. and your name is?
MY SHADOW: none of your business
ME: Tamar
C: What? 
ME: Tamar, Tamar - T - A - M - A - R
C: Oh, that's different. Where does it come from?
MY SHADOW: fml
ME: It's a river in England.
C: Oh, that's a nice name, I've never heard it before.
MY SHADOW: It's also the name of a gal in the Old Testament who was raped by her brother. Like that one better?

This conversation always leads into phone calls by same customer, where she asks to speak to Tammar, or Tamara, or Tina, or Tammy, or whatever. 

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I promised Breehy I'd take her out for a while - I need to feel some fresh air on my skin. Who knows, maybe I'll find an adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment